Committees and Groups
Harford Chamber Committees and Groups are a great way to get involved and stay engaged! See below for information on meeting times and purposes. If you would like to shadow a meeting to see what it’s all about, contact the Chamber at 410-838-2020 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All meetings may be held in an in-person, virtual, or hybrid format according to current guidelines and procedures.
MILITARY AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
Works closely with APG and DOD community to support military support initiatives in the county and to plan military centric events like the Military Appreciation Luncheon & Spirit of Thanks Tour
- Meetings are the first Tuesday of the month from 8-9am.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & SPECIAL PROJECTS COMMITTEE
Focuses on helping to plan our Chamber events.
- Meetings are the first Thursday of the month from 8:30-9:30am.
MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
Assists with recruitment and retention efforts including planning membership drives when applicable, making welcome phone calls to new members of the chamber, etc.
- Meetings are the second Tuesday of the month and times vary. In the even months we meet from 8-9am and in odd months we meet from 9-10am because we hold an Orientation event beforehand in the off months.
Assists with educational initiatives in Harford, promotes Chamber scholarships, and works to strengthen Chamber CONECT program that acts as a resource point for students, businesses, and educational partners to be aware of internship, apprenticeship, scholarship, and business volunteer opportunities as it relates to career and college readiness.
- Meetings are the fourth Tuesday of the month from 8-9am.
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
Keeps a finger on the pulse of legislative activity on the county, state, & federal levels that directly affects our business community here in Harford. Featuring regular updates from local and state officials and key driving entities in the county- a great way to stay informed locally!
- When General Assembly is in session meetings occur on the 2nd and 4th Mondays from 8-9am. Outside of General Assembly session meetings are once a month on the 3rd Monday from 8-9am.
Lastly, as a member of our Harford County Chamber you and anyone else in your organization are eligible to participate in our Harford Young Professionals Group! This is not a committee, but a group that is open to any Chamber or non-Chamber member.
HARFORD YOUNG PROFESSIONALS GROUP
There are no age limitations as this group can be meant for younger professionals who may be starting their careers, those that are “new” to an industry, or even those that are new to the area and looking to get out and do fun things and network. The priorities of the committee are fundraising for the Chamber, hosting team building and networking events, network development happy hours, and professional development opportunities.
- Meetings are the third Tuesday of the month from 3-4pm.